MIT Service Delivery Reasons
- There are financial reasons (too expensive, no insurance).
- The location is inconvenient.
- The hours are inconvenient.
- The number of sessions is too limited.
- The waiting time until I can get an appointment is too long.
- I am concerned about privacy.
- I worry that my actions will be documented in my academic record.
- I worry that my actions will be documented in my medical record.
- I worry that someone will notify my parents.
- I fear being hospitalized.
- People providing services aren't sensitive enough to cultural issues.
- People providing services aren't sensitive enough to sexual identity issues.
- I have a hard time communicating in English.
- I question the quality of my options.
- I don't have enough time.
- I worry what others will think of me.
- I question whether medication or therapy is helpful.
- I have had bad experiences with medication and/or therapy.
- The problem will get better by itself.
- I question how serious my needs are.
- I don't think anyone can understand my problems.
- Stress is normal in college/graduate school.
- I get a lot of support from other sources, such as friends and family.
- I prefer to deal with issues on my own.